Job Posting - Solution Engineer
What you will be doing:
A Solution Engineer is a mid to senior-level technical position with proven expertise inside a specific technology (or multiple technologies). The individual is accountable for the full scope of a service endeavor – from evaluating business needs to implementing a cost effective solution. This position requires an integral role for on-site engagements and project based work, the individual will work closely with customers and project managers alike.
- Solution Sales – Design and sell Network solutions into the medium and enterprise commercial accounts.
- Solution Deployment – install, configure, and integrate network solutions meeting specific. design requirements. Diagnose and repair hardware and software (provide alternatives) where complications arise.
- Research and Discovery – survey and collect data used in the assessment of proposed solution and design. Execute on tasks ambiguous in nature.
- Documentation – create and update technical documentation including surveys, statements of work, and proposals. Provide procedural documentation for assigned tasks including diagrams and workflow.
- Project Collaboration – provide Project Manager and Solution Coordinator with daily updates of project and/or task progress. Proactively update project and/or task progress using e-mail, status reports and/or project management software tools.
What you need for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (IT) or equivalent experience / certifications.
- 3+ years relevant experience in an IT environment.
- Superior technical expertise in area of specialization. Varied hands-on experience implementing solutions in multiple, dissimilar environments.
- Mid-level certifications are required in the particular area of specialization.
- Solid Knowledge of Cisco technologies
Strong Route/Switch skills
Strong Cisco Wireless knowledge
- Ability to perform Wireless Surveys using professional Tools
- Ability to communicate effectively
Ability to present – Whiteboard
- Industry Knowledge of Network/Wireless Standards
- Other vendor knowledge a plus
Other vendor Route/Switch certification
Any CWNP certifications
We are looking to fill this position ASAP. Salary DOE. Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.